Looking for experience in family support with an innovative social enterprise? Passionate about delivering essential support to vulnerable people? Kineara is currently looking a part time practitioner to join us and it could be you! Details about the roles are below – we look forward to receiving your application.
Family Support Practitioner
Kineara is a growing and innovative social enterprise based in Tower Hamlets, East London, working with vulnerable families with complex needs. We provide holistic support by delivering intensive one-to-one programmes to families in need of extra help through challenging times. We have several specialist programmes focused on delivering rent and housing support, educational support and community building programmes.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and energetic family support worker to take up a part time role within our organisation as a Family Support Practitioner, to be part of our small and dedicated team. The purpose of the role is to provide a mixture of individual and group interventions with individuals, families, parents, children and young people with additional needs up to the thresholds for social care involvement to improve outcomes for families, individuals and children in vulnerable situations. You will deliver programmes focused on wellbeing, tenancy security, improving employment outcomes, and educational achievement. You will be working in partnership with other stakeholders such as schools and housing associations to improve family health, build relationships and engage families and individuals and their networks of support.
You will have experience of working with families with complex needs. You will be an enthusiastic person who is quick to learn, has excellent interpersonal skills, can deliver a holistic support, is a solution-minded thinker, as a good understand of strength base approach and can work sensitively with people in vulnerable situations. It is also important to us that you have the competency to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds. To work as part of a team and independently, the roles requires you to think creatively and use the resources around effectively.
- To deliver our intensive family and individual interventions together with our partnerships holders such as schools, employment and housing associations
- Use a flexible approach to support families and individuals with regards to their specific individual support needs
- To communicate efficiently with our partnership organisations regarding the delivery of the interventions
- Work alongside SENCO’s, teachers, housing offices, Social Workers and other professionals with the aim to build a working support network for the family
- Provide individual and family sessions in schools, our offices and in the homes to improve the family’s communication, relationships and wellbeing.
- Support families and individuals with practical tasks such as applying for the correct benefits, applying for grants, communicating with their landlord, GP’s, schools, Children Social Care and help families to manage their finances.
- Minimise risks of eviction, exclusions from educational providers and long-term unemployment.
- Possibly refer families to other suitable organisations such as counselling, drug and alcohol treatment, educational/employability courses, Children and Adolescence Mental Health Services (CAMHS) etc.
- Overall be the voice of the family and the individuals who are in need of your commitment and support.
The essential skills we are looking for:
Highly personable and a good listener
Can-do and problem solving attitude
An excellent communicator
Term: 1 year contract with a probation period
Hours: Part time (precise days/times of work can be flexible and to be discussed with the director)
Location: In and around Tower Hamlets, East London
A full DBS check will be required.
HOW TO APPLY: Download a copy of the full job description and person specification here:Family Support Practitioner PT_JD_Kineara
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter of no more than 2 pages explain how you meet the criteria for the role as laid out in the person specification. Please also include:
- Why do you wish to apply for this role
- What you would like to gain from this role
- Your relevant experience, knowledge and skills
- What other qualities you have that you could bring to the role
- Whether you have an up-to-date DBS and DRB check.
- When you are available to begin work
Deadline: Monday 13th November, 12pm midday
Send your CV and letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the application, please feel free to give us a call on 07800 545607 or send an email with your questions and we’ll be happy to help.
We look forward to receiving your application!